Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Blackberry Winter

Last night the temperature got down to 35 degrees.  Whew, a shock after being so warm here lately.
Blackberry winter=A (mainly Southern) term used to describe a brief period of cold weather that coincides with the time the blackberries are in bloom, (typically in early to mid May)  Well its a little early this year!






I made a little card that reminds me a springtime as a child with little pinwheels in bright colors!  Oh those were the days!  

Have a wonderful Spring Day!   

Linking Card to the following challenges:  


Use It Tuesday Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. The card is beautiful. Before we know it - we will be complaining about the extreme heat. I am enjoying each spring day - one at a time.

    Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little pinwheels remind me of childhood too:) It was a chilly morning here too! Have a blessed evening dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh just love this,just adore those pin-wheels they are brilliant hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card ~ Love those adorable pinwheels!!!
    Nancy xx :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is adorable...luv reading your blackberry winter term...I am south too, Virginia; wondering where you are at? It has been very cold here, even frost. I have had strawberries on my mind, cannot wait to pick some and make freezer jam....would luv to find blackberries too..yummy...I will have to hunt them down...hope you have a wonderful weekend, it is suppose to be 80's this weekend here!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those great pinwheels! Glad you joined us at UIT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pinwheels! Thanks for playing along at the Paper and Such CAS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pinwheels!!! Fantastic card! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper and Such!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved pinwheels we had bunches of them over the years. I love the card, perfect for a spring time hello.

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute card
    and we saw the blackberry blooms today lym

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats a cute card my friend.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness this is adorable! Thanks for playing along with Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment! I look forward to each and every one!
Have a fun and crafty day!