Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Iron, Leather and Brass

Gingersnaps is have a Color Challenge of Iron, Leather & Brass.  As part of Dezinaword DT, we were able to join in.  Here is my creation, it is a card or journal topper.  It was made with several different pieces of painted pieces then sewed back together, an old gent from Dezinaworld images, a tag from the recycle plastic bag ironed and painted to look all leathery, iron the tags holder and brass in corner, made of tape and colored brass.

12 comments:

  1. Great piece, something different! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a unique piece..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work - I love all the stitching.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, have a blessed day! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Unique use of space. And I like the colors you've chosen. Your stitches add a nice textural quality. Wish our sewing machine was back up and running already! You're inspiring me!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Home from vacation and just getting caught up. This is great and would make a great journal cover for a man.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly Kim, your creativity and originality never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used all the elements in this piece, fabulous image. Thanks for following my blog too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, Kim,
    This is awesome!! And love how you made it too!!
    Xo
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, this will make a wonderful embellishment for a card or journal! I love the way you've used the colours and pieced the elements together. I would've found it tough but you did it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Excellent submission!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very interesting piece! You really make some outstanding art!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment! I look forward to each and every one!
Have a fun and crafty day!