Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pray Daily

I wanted to share with a Prayer Journal I made for myself. I currently use another one I have that I received from church, however this is the next one I will use.

Where and when to pray? Look at the life of Jesus and follow his example. He prayed in the temple, in the wilderness, in quiet places. Prayer whereever you are. If you dont know where to start, look at the Lords prayer:
Matthew 6:10-13 (New International Version)
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one


This is a beautiful verse about prayer:
James 5:13-16 (New International Version)

The Prayer of Faith
13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective


Living in God's Graces,
Kim

19 comments:

  1. This so beautiful.....thanks for visitng me and becoming a new follower....my door is always open...enjoy this day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,
    This is absolutly beautiful! I think this is my favorite thing you have posted. I love the images...it is truly lovely.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!! I love the idea of a prayer journal! I've never heard the prayer of faith passage ~ it's so powerful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A prayer journal is such a great idea! I have been saying I was going to start one... you inspire me:) Thanks and have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Sometimes rather than pray I talk to Jesus, especially when I am out jogging. It's quiet, nature all around me and just seeing all that He gives me everyday fills my heart and spirit with joy. We have had some long conversations too. I just have to remember to be quiet and LISTEN.

    Blessings, Kim, blessings on your day. I love your journal. I need to start one again.

    Hugs,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this was wonderful as it goes right in line with the devotional lesson that the Lord put on my heart to give tomorrow morning at the center where I volunteer. It was a great confirmation!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I forgot to add that I love your prayer journal. I have been keeping prayer journals for years through recently went though "dry spell". I recently received a new prayer journal as a door prize and I was stricken... I have a crocheted cover that I made that fits perfectly. I praise God for bring back this blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful idea and a lovely book. Do you have a Count my Blessings book as well? Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really wonderful post Kim. Everything went off well today. The Lord was watching over us.
    Love your Journal too. Hugs June xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that prayer I say it every night(well try to, sadly sometimes I fall asleep)and of course at the end I try to pray for everyone no matter what is going on in their lives, thanks for sharing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim, you've been a busy girl haven't you?! Beautiful prayer journal - love the paper you've used, and those ladies are so sweet and calm.

    Have a lovely day, my friend.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kim,
    It is beautiful and so touching...I started writing in one last January....And I opened my drawer to find one that I bought 3 years before that was still in the wrapping and I forgot it was there...what a surprise, eh?

    This is beautiful and I hope it inspires you to write and have communion with the Lord.
    Love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your prayer journal is so gorgeous, Kim. I love your post today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Kim, it really dosen't matter where you do it, he hears you dosen't he!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kim,
    I just popped over to say "hi!" Oh, you'll love Julie's blog...she's amazing!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful my friend. Your art work is always special and this is a very special journal.
    Hugs June xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your prayer journal. Your post has really inspired me to get back into daily journaling. I used to have a journal that I wrote in letter style; writing a letter to God everyday including praise and prayers.
    Thank you so much, also love your blog!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment! I look forward to each and every one!
Have a fun and crafty day!