Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Wool, felt, penny mats....whats going on??


I have found a couple of new friends in blog land who like Penny Rug Mats. Let me tell I have loved Sue Spargo and anything similar to her work for many years. I was laid off in 2/07 it was hard, I didnt know what to do, I had worked in subprime mortage for a lender for quite a few years, so I decided I would go back to school again for a while...I chose something in the medical field this time but realized that wasnt where my heart was. I stopped going back to college again. My hubbie thought I should persue my greatest love of crafts. I started a website store on a whim which didnt work out but it was called The Wool Penny.
...So I really love this stuff. I guess I havent done it since that year, maybe too upset the whole thing didnt work out (subconciously). Anyhow. I decided with the help of a new dear friend that I would participate in a little group making a penny wool mat. So here is the beginning photos of my latest project.

Have a Happy Friday.

9 comments:

  1. I am happy to say we are birds of a feather! I love how you used a platter for the shape of your mat. And those pumpkins are great. You should have seen the leaves I started out with. At least they were supposed to be leaves!
    Debbie
    "The Wool Penny", I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kim, I've never heard of that "A Wool Penny." But, I love this and surely do agree that your love of crafts is where your niche is...You will love my message on Monday on I Owe it All to Him because it has to do with listening to our hearts...and I am so glad that you are listening to yours!!!
    Your talent blesses us all!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun. I like the idea of the pumpkins. Take care, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kim - looking forward to following the process with you...... mine is a bits and pieces effort and going slowly...... having fun playing though - my first wool project.... great to meet you...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny rugs/mats are such fun to make and are so stunning when they're done. Looking forward to seeing the results of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is pretty and I cant wait to see it done either :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just visited another participant in this! Can't wait to see your finished project! Have a blessed weekend! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen a Penny Rug, sounds like a fun project. I can't wait to see your finished piece!
    Have A Wonderful Weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also have never seen (nor heard of) a penny rug so I am eager to see your results, Kim.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment! I look forward to each and every one!
Have a fun and crafty day!