Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Hobby

I visited several blogs and found that I wanted to try Crazy Quilting. It just sounds like fun. I am still working on figuring out how to do it but here are a couple of my blocks.
Now the interesting part begins: EMBELLISHING....fun fun. I can hand embroidery but I must admit I have mostly done basic stitches. So this will be a learning experience for me.
I am going to probably just make small pillow, little hanging ornaments, small things for now :)
So if you are looking for a new hobby, consider crazy quilting.
Living in God's Graces,
Kim
Matthew 22:37 (New International Version)
37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

12 comments:

  1. that looks like fun, can't wait to see more of your creations. I easily get inspired too, I may give it a try as well. At least I'll put my sewing machine to god use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fun, I have material that I have been planning on making a quilt with, but I have not gotten around to it yet LOL I wish you luck on yours and I cant wait to see the finished project it is going to be so pretty :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like. Looking forward to seeing your finished creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! The pink block turned out yummy! What colors are you going to embellish with?
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, just beautiful. And you saying you haven't done this before. WOW. You could have fooled me.

    Hugs,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm more interested in doing the embellishments than pieceing together.
    I can't wait to see how yours turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a new follower on GFC via blog hop! PLease visit me @ http://www.mommiesandbeyond.com
    choochoo1717@hotmail.com
    This is my newest craft passion as well. I am working on my first regular quilt, hand sewn and patchwork. I am making it crazy rfabric patterns and getting ready to try my first small crazy quilt too! We should journey together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Great idea for pillows! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great! I can't wait to see them embellished!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Kim! They're really looking scrumptious. Looking forward to seeing your embroidery too.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic--I love these and can't wait to see the embellishments--amazing!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment! I look forward to each and every one!
Have a fun and crafty day!