Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Perseverance


perseverance - 3 dictionary results
per·se·ver·ance   /ˌpɜrsəˈvɪərəns/ Show Spelled
[pur-suh-veer-uhns] Show IPA

–noun
1. steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., esp. in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.
2. Theology . continuance in a state of grace to the end, leading to eternal salvation.
Use perseverance

Not too much to say today. My sd memory card in my camera broke, I got some disappointing news, and a few other things. Anyhow, I made this cute card one day just for fun.

Anyhow, perseverance comes to mind with my situation and it should always come to mind with our walk with God if we ever get distracted from something other than putting God first.

Romans 5:3-5 (New International Version)
3Not only so, but we[a] also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.


Thanks for coming by, hoping your day is a happy one :)
Living in God's Graces,
Kim

13 comments:

  1. Love this post...love your card. Can't wait to get to my new home office/craft room and be able to crank out beauties like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, sorry about your camera card... that is awful! Hopefully you had them uploaded to your computer!

    Enjoy your day my friend! Hugs and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card and the message...sometimes we forget that things can happen to strengthen us or to prepare us. You are a wise woman!
    (())
    Francie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry you have had disappointing news. I pray you will continue to find joy in the Lord as He helps you persevere through whatever you are facing. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your card is awesome. I love bluebirds. Hang in there...you have a super positive attitude and that can go a long way to helping persevere.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessings dear sister as you are going through this season may it already be over as you read this and that you have moved from disappointing to joy abounding.

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true we need to always put God first and he'll take care of us. God Bless Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh, my memory card just broke too!!! So, I can't get pics for Tag Tuesday or Rednesday because for my other camera, I have to use it in daylight for it to focus (I have no idea why!)

    I love your card...it's gorgeous!!! Everything you do is gorgeous!
    Love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That card is so adorable I am in love with it! I hope your news is not too terribly bad, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kim,
    I just came on to say "hi" and hope all is going well there! Sending hugs your way,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. Continuance in a state of grace to the end...I did not know that was in the definition! Thank you for sharing! I am becoming a follower.
    xo, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet card, Kim. Beautiful colors. Thanks for the reminder about perseverance.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment! I look forward to each and every one!
Have a fun and crafty day!