Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My first photo editing, layering, PSE, Gimp, Picnik Experience.

What do you think of the new header? I did it. Hurray!

I had a friend suggest gimp since it was free and I used that and did some editing and layering of three photos, actually two images from The Graphics Fairy and one I had. If you havent checked out graphics fairy, you need to.

Back to the editing, I worked with gimp last night and still wasn't finished. My mom suggested picnik, I went there today with partially completed image from gimp and finished it up. The reason I did not say exactly how long I worked on it because I dont want you experienced PSE users to laugh at me :) Smiles, my friends.

I think it looks pretty good for a first attempt. Comments? Suggestions? Please feel free to leave one or both.

Have a great day!

Living in God's Graces, Kim

6 comments:

  1. Great Job!!! I'm totally impressed...and inspired....and intimidated :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Great job!! It's beautiful-- very soft and elegant-looking! I know how hard it is to make a header, because I just changed mine. But I'm not gifted in the graphics department, so my brother made my new header for me! (I also changed the name of my blog.) If you have a spare minute, I'd love to know what you think of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful header very creative made and more personal, thanks for visit and nice comment on my blog.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an amazing job on your blog header! It's really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't even want to know how many hours I spend using PSE, for a while it was an 8 hr day practicing, still lots more to learn. Great job! You will find yourself changing headers as you learn more techniques in editing. Even last night I thought of an old collage I made when I first started and thought about going back and starting from scratch. I think that is the perfectionist in me. Again keep it up, you've already achieved so much! Hugs, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love it. I was asking for suggestions of editing programs the other day. I will have to try GIMP. Thanks for sharing this and thanks for visiting me at My Journey Back.

    The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalms 28:7

    Have a Blessed Friday,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment! I look forward to each and every one!
Have a fun and crafty day!