Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy Friday to you!!!


I just unpacked the china. I found this lonely piece. I dont know what to do with it so any suggestions appreciated. I am trying to decorate with a pink roses romatanic shabby chic look so it doesnt really go with that. Can anyone tell me anything about this plate/serving tray? A friend gave it to me years ago.This is the stamp on the bottom:

I made this little tag with a few stamps I have and of course some Tim Holtz destressed inks.. I have the bird cut out a 2nd bird to make a 3D effect.

Thanks for dropping by. I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe weekend.
Living in God's Graces,
Kim

The verse for today:
Romans 15:13
New International Version (NIV)
13May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

7 comments:

  1. I love your tags, they are always so nice to see. I also love love love birds.

    I found a link in case you want to add pieces:

    http://www.replacements.com/webquote/JB_INTREE.htm#278752

    and a little history:

    http://popular.ebay.co.uk/pottery-porcelain-glass/indian-tree.htm

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similar plate. Mine is Indian Tree as well but appears older. Mind has raised sides and is hanging in my sunroom, where I have those same colors.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think it goes very well with shabby, cottage style...the colors are perfect ! Take a look at it with your sidebar of roses...I think you need to add things with the roses to add interest and that plate is perfect. I'd hang that baby up or put it in the china cabinet, it's beautiful !!! ...of course if you really don't want to use it send it to me, just sayin' :))

    (())

    ReplyDelete
  4. The plate is beautiful, I love the colors! And the tag you made is fantastic! I love it!
    YF,
    Nancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, how about a plate hanger or a sm. plate easel for putting on a mantle or table? It's so pretty and I think looks lovely with pinks and the shabby cottage look!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tag is beautiful. I am going to try that double image cutout for 3D effect. How neat! and the platter looks gorgeous and certainly fits in with your love for roses. I agree that a plate hanger (a good quality and strong one!) would make a nice way to hang this on your dining room wall. I have a hand-painted oyster plate on mine. I check the nail/hanger every now and then to make sure all is well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment! I look forward to each and every one!
Have a fun and crafty day!