Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

James 3 - Taming the Tongue

7All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been tamed by man, 8but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison


I think most of us understand this verse. Why did choose this verse???? for myself. Tomorrow, I am picking up my son from my ex husband and I need to keep this verse in my mind especially when communicating with the ex.

The book of James is a short book of the bible so if you are just getting started reading the bible its a good place to start, I think. Most people recommend The Gospels --Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Lets just say if you are starting to read the bible just start. You won't be sorry.

Here is a friendship card I made:


3 comments:

  1. Oh Kim,
    Your friendship card is so pretty!!!
    And friendship is definitely a gift
    from God!
    Hugs,
    Cindy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog, and welcome to the Sisterhood!

    The verse from James that always gets to me where I live is the one that says 'Out of the same fountain flows both bitter water and sweet...brethren, these things ought not to be'

    Blessings to you, remember to bring forth "sweet water"!

    Charlene @ A Virtuous Woman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you say you're NEW to papercrafting??? That card is gorgeous!!

    I haven't tried papercrafting, but I paint (one-stroke or toll painting) and I am also planning to learn landscape painting. I also crochet, glass paint, and make gift baskets.

    Welcome to the world of blogging! I started my blog a year ago (although it took me a while to get going because I hadn't a clue what I was doing!) and I have been SO blessed by the wonderful people I have met! Blogging has made my life richer! I hope it does the same for you! Have fun blogging! :)
    ~Renee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment! I look forward to each and every one!
Have a fun and crafty day!